How to Get a Replacement Key for a Jeep Patriot
Jeep Patriot Lost Car Central Replacement – All the Information You lot Demand to Go a New Jeep Patriot Cardinal. Tips, Costs, Your Options, and More.
Call U.s. Now: 800-223-1453
Quick admission or go to FAQ
- 1.1 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: (OHT692713AA)
- 1.2 FAQ:
- 1.3 Q: I lost my Jeep Patriot car keys. I don’t take a spare, so need a replacement. How and where tin can I get a replacement fundamental?
- 1.4 Generally speaking, you have iii options:
- 1.5 Q: Jeep Patriot key replacement virtually me – How to find a locksmith or dealer and what should you tell them?
- 1.6 Call back,
- 1.7 Q: Jeep Patriot key replacement price – How much does it cost to replace a Jeep Patriot key without the original? What is the boilerplate toll?
- 1.8 In brusk, replacing a Jeep Patriot fundamental can price between $170 to $290. The cost depends on a number of factors:
- 1.9 Also,
- 1.10 Furthermore,
- 1.11 Finally,
- 1.12 Q: Can I go a Jeep Patriot key replacement past its VIN?
- 1.13 Q: Jeep Patriot cardinal programming – which keys tin can you program yourself? Which keys require a programming tool? & more than
- 1.14 No programming needed:
- 1.15 For Jeep Patriot keys that need to be programmed, yous will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer:
- 1.16 Keyless entry information for the Jeep Patriot:
- 1.17 Jeep Patriot transponder key battery – of import information: How to replace, size, price, and more.
- 1.18 Jeep Patriot key battery information:
- 1.19 Here is some general data about the Jeep Patriot fundamental battery:
- 1.20 Useful links:
- 2 How to Get a Replacement Key for a Jeep Patriot
In this commodity:
Jeep Patriot replacement car keys – Introduction
Jeep Patriot keys replacement by yr – not sure which key you lot had: Was it a regular cardinal, transponder flake, or remote key fob? Find out here
Have you lot lost your Jeep Patriot car key? – How do I go a replacement key? What options do I have?
Jeep Patriot key replacement about me – things to remember before calling a locksmith
Jeep Patriot car key replacement toll
Tin I become a replacement Jeep Patriot key by Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)?
Jeep Patriot key programming – which keys tin you lot program yourself? how to program your primal & more.
Keyless entry information Jeep Patriot
Jeep Patriot transponder key battery replacement – How practice I change or supercede the battery? What is the toll? What size is the battery? And more.
Jeep Patriot was introduced in 2007. This model has one blazon of key.
Transponder chip key: 2007 to 2017.
- Delight go on in mind that while some keys or key fobs may look the same, they have different capabilities/frequencies/keyways. Therefore, having the correct key or key play tricks is essential.
Already have your fundamental?
Need information to guide you through programming your Jeep Patriot transponder key? Click hither for more information.
Quick admission or go to FAQ
Click on the type of primal you had or your year model below to get the about accurate information:
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: (OHT692713AA)
- Please note: The key above is a Y164-PT fundamental with the keyless entry. If you are not interested in keyless entry, or would like to save money, you can simply become the Y164-PT primal instead as shown in the picture below.
Already have a key? Click Hither for programming information.
Call Usa 24/7: 800-223-1453
Q: I lost my Jeep Patriot car keys. I don’t take a spare, so need a replacement. How and where tin can I get a replacement fundamental?
Generally speaking, you have iii options:
- Phone call an automotive locksmith that offers a mobile service for Jeep Patriot cars. We tin help y’all with that.
- Tow the car to the dealer.
- Lodge a primal online and take the dealer or locksmith cut and programme it for you (if necessary).
A discussion of caution: The type of key y’all need depends on the year and model of your Jeep Patriot. Therefore, the options for getting a new cardinal made and programmed depend on whether you need a remote, an intelligent fob, push to start button, a transponder, or a regular cardinal.
A: For a more detailed explanation, including tips on SAVING Fourth dimension AND Money, please visit our blog post: How to get a replacement key.
Not ready to call for service just still? Click here for some Peachy ideas on how to find lost car keys.
Dorsum to meridian
Q: Jeep Patriot key replacement virtually me – How to find a locksmith or dealer and what should you tell them?
First, make certain you lot take the verbal year, make, and model, e.g., 2017 Jeep Patriot.
In add-on, write down the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of the car located on the left side of the dashboard near the mirror (Click hither for more data). The VIN helps the locksmith or dealer verify the year, make, and model of the car and determine which fundamental you lot had.
Also, keep in mind that many locksmiths offering mobile service and travel upwards to 30 miles radius from where their store is located. Therefore, depends on your location, it might be a good idea to expand your search and call for a few additional quotes, even if on the map, these locksmiths seems to be far from you.
Their distance equally you lot see on the map, is their business concern accost, not their physical and current location. All you have to brand certain, is that they carry the right equipment to cutting and program your Jeep Patriot key.
Yous can as well try and telephone call a few Jeep dealers near your location, but remember that you will demand to tow the car in that location.
Finally, make sure y’all tin show ownership of the car by having the necessary documents – title, ID, insurance card, etc.
Back to height
Q: Jeep Patriot key replacement price – How much does it cost to replace a Jeep Patriot key without the original? What is the boilerplate toll?
In brusk, replacing a Jeep Patriot fundamental can price between $170 to $290. The cost depends on a number of factors:
- The blazon of key you need
- The motorcar’s year of manufacture
- Fourth dimension of twenty-four hours & your location
- Where you get a key replacement (dealer, automotive locksmith, online, etc.)
- Availability of code to cut a new fundamental
- Original ignition or not
The type of key you had and the year the car was manufactured are the virtually important factors for identifying if you need a flake, intelligent fob, “push to first”, remote, regular “non-transponder” key. The newer the car is, the better the security features the primal has. On later models, you can therefore expect to pay more than $250 for a replacement key. Click here to come across the model and type of key you had for a more accurate cost and boosted information.
the cost depends on where you get a cardinal replacement. Did your replacement key come from the dealer, or an automotive locksmith? Or did y’all get it online? Click here to get a more than detailed explanation of how to get a replacement cardinal.
The dealer normally charges near 10% to xv% less for the replacement key than a locksmith would charge. Nevertheless, you will likely take to tow the car there to program the new key or remote. Therefore, the total price is usually college.
consider that if yous have a locksmith come up out and make you a new key outside regular business concern hours, the cost may increase.
If you take previously had your ignition cylinder replaced, which is quite common in older cars, this probably ways that the code for the fundamental may not exist useful. In such cases, the key will have to be cut manually past a locksmith, or you will take to alter the ignition again, and hither the dealer can’t aid.
For a more detailed explanation and GREAT TIPS on how to salve money, please visit our blog mail: Car keys replacement costs
Back to top
Q: Can I go a Jeep Patriot key replacement past its VIN?
A: That depends on the year of manufacture of your car and the type of primal you lot had.
The VIN gives dealers or automotive locksmiths the option of accessing the key code on file – i.e., to cut you a replacement fundamental past lawmaking which makes the process fast and easy. At that place are however 2 things to consider:
- If your vehicle is older than ten years, Jeep dealers will no longer take its primal code record, so an automotive locksmith will be your but option to go a replacement key.
- For vehicles equipped with a transponder system and/or a remote/intelligent cardinal/play tricks key, the codes should be bachelor. However, as coding is required, you will take to either tow the car to the dealer, or accept an automotive locksmith come and code the primal on site.
For more information,
Dorsum to top
Q: Jeep Patriot cardinal programming – which keys tin can you program yourself? Which keys require a programming tool? & more than
A: Jeep has different types of keys. Some crave programming, and some don’t. All transponder scrap keys and/or smart primal fobs need to be programmed. This procedure requires a special programming machine that just an automotive locksmith or the dealer has. There is no demand to program non-transponder metal keys.
To make things simple, we divided all Jeep keys into two categories:
- No programming needed (Non-transponder keys).
- Keys that demand to be programmed (Transponder or remote keys). These keys required the expertise of an automotive locksmith or the dealer.
No programming needed:
Jeep non-transponder keys are metallic keys that have no chip in them, so no programming is needed.
Jeep Patriot has none of this key type – Jeep Patriot key has a chip and needs to be programmed.
For Jeep Patriot keys that need to be programmed, yous will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer:
These keys, also known as remote smart keys, intelligent keys or key fobs, and transponder keys, have a security bit. Programming is needed. Also, a special machine is needed to programme them. An automotive locksmith or dealer should do it for you. This process must be followed for nearly models made subsequently 1998.
Back to tiptop
Keyless entry information for the Jeep Patriot:
For yr models 2007 to 2017, thither is a built-in keyless entry in the transponder chip key.
Back to top
Jeep Patriot transponder key battery – of import information: How to replace, size, price, and more.
Jeep Patriot model has unlike kinds of keys. If your model uses a transponder primal, here is some of import information y’all should know nigh the battery.
Lookout a short video here: how to replace this transponder central bombardment, type of bombardment and more:
Jeep Patriot key battery information:
Jeep Patriot transponder central is battery operated. Every ii years or and so, or when the battery is low, y’all may need to alter the key battery. Here is all the information you need.
The blazon of battery you lot demand is a CR-2032. The average price for these batteries is near $5.
You can social club one online here.
Also, y’all can find it at Home Depot, Walmart, AutoZone, etc.
Here is some general data about the Jeep Patriot fundamental battery:
Blazon of battery: CR-2032 lithium
Size: Diameter – 20 mm, height – 3.two mm
Finally, think that your bombardment life depends on several factors such as usage, weather conditions, etc. To amend protect your Jeep Patriot key and extend its battery life, information technology may be a good idea to have a key comprehend or a case. You can order one online hither.
Back to top
Call Us At present: 800-223-1453
Jeep principal page
Back to top
How to Get a Replacement Key for a Jeep Patriot