How to Get Rid of Hair Sticking Out of Braids
I am far from an expert at braided extensions. I adopt to wear my hair in braids without extensions for several reasons…I have a post nearly that here. This blog receives a lot of traffic, still, from readers searching for ways to reduce frizz while wearing braided extensions. Here’s my opinion on how to reduce and eliminate frizz on extensions including- box braids.
- The nigh important matter to consider is how the complect is done. As with braiding hair without extensions, the braid should be tight enough forth the length (not the root) so hair cannot slip out of information technology and cause frizz. I have an article here explaining what makes a good braid versus a bad braid that will frizz. I’ve been meaning to write a post about manus position while braiding. I notice a lot of people hold the hair in their pinkies when braiding, if you practise it that mode, the braid will exist likewise loose and will frizz- guaranteed. If you are braiding yourself, this is something controllable, however, if yous become to a braider you lot probably tin’t truly control the quality of the extension braid.
- If you stagger the ends of the extension pilus, by hanging the extension hair over your manus and pulling downwardly on random pieces, make sure the ends are very tapered. The stop of the complect should await like a gradual tapering and not chunky layers. Obvious layers volition stick out from the ends of the braids. Past staggering the hair a lot, the ends will blend together. This is one of my favorite ‘how to braid’ channels on YouTube- WorldofBraiding. In this video, they explain staggering the ends of the extension pilus- they call it plumage tips.
- Braid the extension to the very end. A style like micro braids is a bad thought anyway, merely it absolutely won’t work for natural hair. Information technology would wait better on relaxed hair, but your own hair volition frizz over time and the way will no longer wait neat. Instead, opt for styles where your own hair is braided all the way down to the end. This mode, it’s not loose and has not chance to frizz.
After Braids Are Completed:
- Once your braids are completed, there are other things that you should and shouldn’t exercise. Kickoff, if there are piffling hairs sticking out towards the pinnacle of the braid- don’t cut them and definitely don’t burn them. That is most likely YOUR hair. Some braiders trim down the length of the complect or utilise a lighter to burn the little hairs coming out the sides of the braids considering they do not care at all about the health of the hair growing out of your head. Their just business is the final look. Many practices of braiders- braiding as well tight, putting too much fake hair per section of existent hair, etc…will damage your own hair. Overall health and growth is non their concern. Don’t cut or burn the extension in the area that your natural hair is braided into it. You can cut the very ends of the extension, burn it, or dip it in hot water, but be sure the fake hair is at least 3-4″ longer than your existent pilus.
- Be very careful when washing extensions. I absolutely believe in keeping the hair and scalp make clean. No hairstyle is worth bad hygiene. Just keep in mind that washing will cause some frizz. To prevent extension braids from frizzing while washing, use diluted shampoo in an applicator bottle. Cleanse your scalp thoroughly by gentle massaging the shampoo on the scalp. Don’t agitate the hair. Rinse the shampoo and condition. Rinse out the conditioner. Wrap a towel or t-shirt effectually the entire length of the braids until they are mostly dry. Keeping the hair secure when drying volition cut downwards on frizz. If you lot want to wash less oft than usual, effort a scalp cleanser like diluted Dwelling house Wellness Scalp Treatment (information technology’southward actually like a pre-shampoo treatment but diluted it’s okay to get out on). Home Health Hairever I Cleansing Scalp Treatment viii oz. Dry shampoos and similar products volition probably cause buildup because they are powder-like substances.
- Another mode to prevent frizzing is to necktie your braids up at night. Wear a silk or satin scarf or bonnet to bed. Rubbing on pillows and bedding causes frizz and breakage. Securing your extensions in some form or fashion will assist forestall that from happening.
- If your braids expect messy, redo them 1 at a fourth dimension. The edges of your hairline are the most fragile role of your hair. If the extensions and hanging off your edges or at that place is production buildup or other problems, take out those extensions and redo them (but not likewise tight). No hairstyle volition terminal forever. Have the time to redo the braids if you want to prolong the style.
Hopefully, those tips are helpful. If yous have whatever questions, comments, concerns, advice, etc…please leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!
How to Get Rid of Hair Sticking Out of Braids